2021 We-Go Winter Rating Tournament
Since its establishment in 2016, We-Go Club has gathered a large number of Go enthusiasts of all ages. Together we are on a mission to create a professional Go environment for beginners and to popularize Go across the world! In January 2021, We-Go Education will be hosting the 2021 winter rating competition. We will set up qualifying competitions for the children category, where winners will be allowed to qualify for the major event competition.Whether you are an admirer of Go, play go for fun, or just want to learn more about the game, we welcome you all to journey with us on our mission to popularize Go throughout the World!
- Date: Sunday, January 24, 2021 EST (11:00 am – 7:00 pm)
- Online Platform: OGS (https://online-go.com)
- Registration (Deadline: January 20, 2021)
- Step 1: Register
- Login to the CGA website with your account (if you don’t have one, please create a new account), and click on the “register” option on this event page. This can be done right now, and you should immediately see your name listed below on the participants.
- Step 2: Additional Information Form
- Please fill out this google form for additional information: https://forms.gle/LXV2QDKb6NkM3PA27
Fees: The payments can be E-transfered to email@example.com
Early Bird: $30/player (Before January 08 , 2021)
Regular: $35/player (After January 08 , 2021)
- Certificates: All the certificates are issued by CGA (Canadian Go Association). If grading is successful, additional fees will be charged for certificate processing.
|25k – 6k||
5k – 1k
|1d – 4d||
- Online Tournament Schedule
|11:00 am – 12:00 pm||
|12:00 pm – 12:50 pm||
|1:00 pm – 2:00 pm||
|2:30 pm – 3:30 pm||
|4:00 pm – 5:00pm||
|5:30 pm – 6:30 pm||
|7:00 pm – 8:00 pm||
Statistical Results & Rewards Ceremony
- Tournament Rules:
- 5 rounds – Swiss MacMahon Method
- AGA Rule, 19×19 board, Komi 7.5; 13×13 board, Komi 5.5.
- Timing: 20 minutes main time + 3 periods of 30 seconds (A typical game will take about 30-45 minutes to complete).
- Rating tournament system: http://info.go-canada.org/youth-rating-tournament/
- Promotion table: http://info.go-canada.org/promotion-tables/
- 1D or above players will be collecting winning points in order to upgrade their level (the points will be calculated by CGA system)
- If you are unsure about your child’s rank, please ask your current Go teacher. If you already have Go Rank Certificate, please register based on that.
- 20K – 1K division will use 19×19 board to play.
- 30K-25K beginner level will use 13×13 board, win at least 1 games out of 5 will get a certificate of 25K.
- If there are not enough players, the Tournament/ Exam Organizer will arrange the pairing manually and post it during the matches.
- If there are not enough players in the same group, and the participants level differs from each other greatly; a handicap will be decided by the Canadian Go Association and the organizer for the match to be effective. The following chart shows the handicaps will apply for each level.
Handicap Table: http://info.go-canada.org/handicap-tables/
- Online Tournament Special Rules (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
- The participant needs to pay the exam fee in full before the exam starts.
- The participant should not quit the exam in the middle of the day. All players need to complete five rounds of matches. If the player gets sick or encounters emergency situations during the tournament and has to leave, the player will not be raised to their proposed level even with enough wins.
- All forms of AI and alternative help is strictly forbidden in this competition. Failure to do so will result in immediate termination of the tournament. The player is not welcomed to any of the We-Go tournaments in one year.
- To ensure the fairness of online competitions, all players have to turn on their camera and join the video chat room before games start. Note that the video must clearly show the player. Any players who fail to join the video room or fail to turn on their cameras will have to follow organizers’ final decisions.
- If you suspect a player is using AI or other alternative help, you can request the referees to conduct an inspection report of that round. $30 is needed for the inspection report. However, if the inspection indicates that the other player did use AI or other alternative help, we will fully refund as well as changing the result of the round. If the other player’s playing history is clear and valid, you will not receive the refund of the inspection report.
- If there are any other emergency situations, please contact We-Go to let us know.
Name: Quan Sun
Phone #: 226-978-0929